The People's Champ

I was never a fan of boxing although it had been one of the country’s favorite sports because of Manny Pacquaio and other guys who’ve made a name in that sport. However, there was a point in my life when I get to be thankful for boxing and for Manny’s victory because it affected me in a profound way.
I was in Tam Ky, Vietnam that time, working as an English teacher when I had to do some border runs in Vientiane, Laos so I could officially get a visa issued by my employer after the exit. Being my first time in a foreign country with no one to talk to and some people mistakin me for a Vietnamese local, I kept to myself fearing that some people might fool me and take advantage of my naivety of the things around me. I spent almost 20 hours in the bus including the stops for pick-up and drop-off until we finally reached Vientiane. Much to my dismay, the bus I rode on was the one going back to Vietnam and it was going to wait until 5pm that day to make the trip. And so I waited. The time finally came for the bus to make its trip and once again I spent some 12 hours on the bus to get to the border.
We finally reached the border and I was already breathing a sigh of relief after all the hours I spent on the bus.  We all lined up with our passports inside the immigration office when a Laotian told me step aside. He asked if I was Vietnamese and I said no. We were only using head gestures since he also didn’t know English that much. I told him I was from the Philippines to which he replied, “Philippine?” and that was when something clicked in his head and he smiled at me as he added, “Pacman? Pacman? Boxing! Philippine!” That was where we understood each other for brief moment. He then led me straight to the immigration officer and had my passport stamped for Vietnam. I was free to go without any hassle!
To this day, that memory still makes me smile. Manny Pacquaio has made a name that does not only give him and his family honor but that which also grants favor to anyone related to him. I clearly remember telling myself after that exit that Pacquaio truly is the People’s Champ.













Please visit and subscribe/follow for latest updates
“Your Access, Your Lifetime Success!”











SUGGESTED TILES WAIT TO DOWN LOAD TO VIEW FEATURED POST BELOW




Need To Search in Google? Type it Here..




OPPORTUNITY81

Comments

OPPORTUNITY6







OPPORTUNITY7

YBF TSIT-CHAT with INFOBIZ BLOG:

Edit Member Tracking #UserID or Simply Be our Guest.
FYI-001: MAIN SITE UPDATE AS OF 07 JANUARY 2019: SSL Temporarily Runs in Technical System Adjustment and Development Process.
Q: How can I login while it says Your connection is not private?
A: Click ADVANCE and Click Proceed Anyway.
Q: How long will it resume in normal status? and What should members need to do?
A: It may takes few more days for SSL to lift and Effect. All members are suggested to FOLLOW THIS BLOG for directional updates





OPPORTUNITY CC-YBF






ENJOY BEST DEALS FROM AMAZON JUST RIGHT HERE